Back to School #1: Forms

Who doesn’t love paperwork? Well, it’s time to fill out the health forms for your school! Each county generally has their own set of health forms they want filled out.

What information do the forms ask for? School forms are usually required for:

  1. Epinephrine authorization
  2. Inhaler authorization
  3. Medication authorization (ex. Benadryl)

As an example of school/county health forms check out Fairfax County Public School’s Epinephrine Authorization Form, Inhaler Authorization Form, and Medication Authorization Form.

If your school or county doesn’t have any forms, check out the FARE website and submit FARE’s forms to your school nurse. Nurses generally find FARE’s forms useful, so (even if your school has forms) it would be helpful to submit these as well!

Overall, do the best you can to make sure that the nurse understands your food allergies and has a set plan of action for dealing with any potential allergic reactions.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s