If you are leaving your child in the care of others, set up a time to teach them
- What your child is allergic to
- Recognize an allergic reaction
- Use your child’s epinephrine auto-injector
- Contact emergency services
- Contact you
- Find a time when you have the host’s full attention – NOT THE DAY OF THE PARTY!!
- Use an auto-injector training device to help them learn and build their comfort level in the worst case scenario that they need to use it.
- If you sense that the host is not comfortable being responsible for your child, offer to stay at the party with your child.